Sunday 22 January 2017


My focus artist was David Hockney who is a well know artist that works with photographs and also has a series of water compositions. There was a piece that he did called Sun On The Pool Los Angeles April 13th 1982 which he created using Polaroid photos. I decided to focus on my holiday photographs which were not done with Polaroid so I decided to try and imitate this style he used with my own water photographs, leaving white gaps between each photograph to try and give the impression of Polaroid photos. I chose the photos based on water, placing the underwater photos near in the last two rows and then the photographs that were on the surface or close to the surface on the top row. I decided to do this to create the illusion of someone actually going underwater deeper and deeper, so the top row is what they would see just as the person enters the water and then the further down they go they start to see different fish and then they reach the bottom and they see the sharks and the sand of the sea floor. I did this piece large scale on A1 paper so that I could use bigger photographs to allow you to be able to look closely at each individual photo and then all of them together as a composition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment