Saturday 21 January 2017

This is the next experiment I did using a different photograph from the same day as the last photograph. I noticed the wind was bowing my mum’s hair vertically in this photograph and decided the cut the picture up in vertical rectangles, I then decided to move them slightly further to the left/right to try and emphasise the wind in the photograph and to physically create the movement of the wind. The image is distorted as it flows from left to right and the movement appears very dramatic. I liked the effect that was created on the image by moving the individual pieces slightly, however it would probably have been easier to cut on a larger scale so that I could get evenly cut strips of the photograph. When looking for artists I discovered that this style was similar to the artist Claire Pestaille so I decided to look at her as one of my main artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment